The Transition Fund, run by ILF Scotland, provides young disabled people in Scotland aged 16-21 with funding for activities and experiences to facilitate participation in their communities, improve confidence and gain independence.
ILF Scotland needed to raise awareness of the Transition Fund and increase the number of applications they receive from young people to the fund.
An integrated PR and digital campaign that included:
- An influencer outreach programme designed to target potential influencers relevant to the target audience
- A brand-new Transition Fund website landing page with engaging copy and a clear call to action
- Management of social media channels (Facebook and Instagram), including content creation, copy and paid social campaigns
- A press release to reach parents and carers of young people with disabilities in Scotland, targeting Scottish national and regional papers, and disabled-specific publications
- An opinion piece in a Scottish national publication to generate awareness and support of the Transition Fund
- Four case study films used to showcase the Transition Fund recipients in a fun and engaging way
- Four supporting written case studies on Transition Fund recipients for upload to the website and sharing on social media
- Keyword optimised blogs on topics relevant to the target audiences
For the duration of the 2-month project, we achieved:
- 26 pieces of tier one media coverage
- 1 opinion piece in tier one media
- Over 2,500 media engagements on social media
- An increase of 51% in traffic to the Transition Fund landing page
- A 43% increase in applications to the Transition Fund
“From the outset, the team at Represent immediately understood our mission and ethos and throughout the project they have fully immersed themselves in the lives of the young people who we support through our Transition Fund. Their passion for the project has been infectious and they have been a delight to work with.
“The success of this campaign means that as an organisation we can strive to continue making an everlasting difference to the lives of more and more young disabled people in Scotland. Thank you Represent.”
– Holly Child, Communications Manager, ILF Scotland