Bowhouse Food Weekends take place in an expansive converted barn just outside St Monans in Fife. The 2-day event offers the chance to see, discuss, taste and buy the best local food and drink. The atmosphere is vibrant with live music and food demonstrations as well as communal dining and an area with farmyard animals from the Estate.
The brief was to drive footfall to the inaugural Bowhouse Food Market and build an audience on social platforms to promote for future events.
Develop a messaging matrix to ensure consistency of communication across all channels.
Commission creative photography to reflect the quality of the environment.
Collaborate with local attractions and build a ‘day out’ offering to attract audiences from further a field.
Develop a hardworking social media plan – organic and paid – targeting food lovers within a two-hour drive.
Place media features in targeted local, event and food titles to drive awareness.
Leverage connections with exhibitors’ social channels to extend the reach.
- Over 5,000 attendees over the weekend from Fife and beyond
- Coverage in 17 publications, from the Glenrothes Gazette to The List and Visit Scotland
- Exposure in both online and offline publications, with a total circulation of 229,110
- Nine blog posts published
- Two press releases issued
- 1,258 likes on Facebook
- 175 new followers on Twitter