PR to raise awareness of Scotland’s Heroines & drive footfall
Stirling District Tourism required support raising awareness of the Scotland’s Heroines project at the National Wallace Monument and delivering a 10% increase in admission numbers.
A PR strategy that focused on:
- Campaign launch release announcing the project and a call for votes
- A national release announcing the shortlist and encouraging people to vote
- A series of local releases focusing on the women shortlisted from particular regions encouraging people to vote
- A national release announcing the result
- A national release and striking photography unveiling the completed busts
- Two fitting receptions to announce the results and unveil the final busts, featuring well respected female guest speakers
Since 2017 this project has resulted in:
- Over 200 pieces of coverage with a total estimated reach of 10 million
- A two page feature on the
- 6 pieces of broadcast coverage (TV and radio)
- A 20% increase in visitors to the Monument, with 135,000 visitors in 2017, the highest number in 10 years.
“In building and maintaining the profile of TNWM we have been fortunate to work with Represent. We have benefited from their skills, experience, resources, and enthusiasm. Our partnership has enabled us to plan & deliver outstanding projects – such as Scotland’s Heroines’ , which has been a landmark in the 150 year history of the Monument. The success of has demonstrated that their understanding of our business & of our sector really is exceptional“– Ken Thomson, marketing manager, Stirling District Tourism